Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Footsteps OF Reflection



Everyday I used to go
To the greeny palm grove
Filled with the chirps of many a bird
And they used to call me a nerd

The moment I rose up
From my morning slumber
I sat watching the faroff hills
And they said my enthusiasm was at peril.

Travelling by the throttling bus
I felt the wind gush in
Its going to be fine day I said
Did the wind wind you up they asked.

I slept upon the reading table
With books all beside me
Feeling a sense of transcendence
What a drought they laughed

i stood for hours in the railway station
Saw myself from a different spot
I looked like a trespasser having lost his way
Everybody said" Her mind is in an sway"

I loved the corners of the wall
And hunted for abstracts in all forms
And I when I said this aloud
"Perfectly insane" they howled.

And now I look back at time
Myself far away from them
I now realise the ways
I have trodden with a grace

Life hasn't got anything better
Rather its hidden what it is to offer
The joyous moments were only when
The subtler things brightened up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment