Friday, July 27, 2012

The Intoxication Called Society

One half of my life
Went on without a strife
Not a single stay
In a sadder bay!

Out of the blue
Came a clue
Which cast a light
Illuminated the reality bright!

I realised it was the age
To come out of the cage
The rungs of which were formed
By the prisoner it had harmed!

I searched for the floor
Frightened, I reached for the door
For I was not standing on a plane
But the values of those insane!

A heavily locked door it was
A gruesome task it was to pass
For you had to undergo an enormous change
Not within yourself but between selves!

Peace in either was never known
When inside your heart is a stone
Outside, you get chilled to the bone
At the baseless accusations with an insane tone!

Though I chose to escape the intoxication
I was chained with strong bonds of affection
Hence, I never made it outside
I became the doorkeeper- Waiting to let people out!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment